Folk Music of China, Vol. 17 – Folk Songs of The Tujia and Sui Peoples
Folk Music of China, Vol. 17
Folk Songs of The Tujia and Sui Peoples
This series explores China’s rich and diverse musical heritage. The songs featured in these recordings are folk songs from the Tujia and Sui peoples of Hubei and Guizhou Province.
Folk songs from the Tujia and Sui peoples of Hubei and Guizhou Province. This album features ‘inserting chant’ songs and south songs of Changyang by the Tujia peoples, and various ancient songs of the Sui. All played on traditional instruments such as mouth organs, bronze drums, gongs and suona, as well as the popular dongdong kui (bamboo clarinet), that dates back thousands of years. This is volume seventeen of a twenty album series, exploring China’s rich and diverse musical heritage.
1. A Girl Who Wears a Floral Outfit - 1:44
2. Raise Our Glasses to Our Hometown - 2:45
3. The Fisherman Song (South Song of Changyang) - 6:45
4. Sa Ye'er Ho - 3:10
5. Silly Son-in-Law - 1:29
6. A Woodpecker - 1:25
7. Comb with Hair Oil - 0:45
8. Lover Girl Lives on the Sandun Mountain - 1:04
9. Song of Encounter- 1:34
10. Ancient Song - 5:18
11. Genesis of the Sky, the Earth and Sun (ancient song) - 4:28
12. When Spring Comes (ancient song) - 4:01
13. Love Song Duet - 2:25
14. Festival Song (ancient song) - 8:26
15. First Love Song - 3:17
16. I Miss You Song - 1:13
17. Hardship Song - 2:10
Total playing time: 52:36 min.