Hugo Díaz counts as one of the greatest bandoneon players of his or any generation. On this album he plays tangos as well as baroque classics by the likes of Bach and Frescobaldi, all with the brilliance and flair that became his hallmark.
Díaz was an outstanding technician and through determination and discipline, together with profound feelings, he was able to feel and convey all the facets of the tango in all its multicoloured nuances. He played the music with an extraordinary depth of expression and temperament – even the softest notes and the silences. This is what we believe will appeal most to fans of this musical genre. An incredible album for its superb quality.
1. Margerita Gauthier (Julio I. Nelson, I. Mora) - 1:49
2. Mi Refugio (Juan Carlos Cobián) - 2:14
3. Fuimos (José Dames, Charlo Homero Manci) - 4:05
4. Loca Bottemia (Francisco de Caro) - 2:04
5. Adios Nonino (Astor Piazzolla) - 4:35
6. La Cachila (Eduardo Arolas) - 3:38
7. Paris desde aquí - Vals (Daniel Bineli) - 2:09
8. Aria de Baletto (Jeronimo Frescobaldi) - 8:32
9. Tocata y Fuga en Do mayor (Johann Sebastian Bach) - 3:36
10. La Casita de mis Viejos (Juan Carlos Cobián, Enrique Cadícamo) - 2:21
11. Encuentros (Néstor Marconi) - 5:30
Total playing time: 41:03 min.